Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Two peas in a pod? Or two crazies in one room?

Today I can feel my heart in my throat. It's afraid to go back to the safe place within my thoracic cavity. Because that is where you linger. Most people say they carry their significant other within their heart. Well, I carry you within every fiber.

But I'm afraid you don't carry me at all. I know a part of you does. But this time, I'm scared. Because before, I had somewhat of an inkling. I truly have no clue anymore. And for once, that's good.

Stick with me though, dear. I lied. I did. About something small. Practically microscopic. And I understand your reasoning for being upset. And you know where the root of this problem lies. But it's my lie. I said it. It came out of my mouth. And it's not something I can take back. But it is something I will never do again. Not to you.

But don't you see, my love, that your reasoning for your reaction is also rooted to a similar place? And though you take responsibility for it, it still effects the way you do things and see things.

I can say I promise, swear, solemnly swear, etc to try and get you to believe me. But that wouldn't change anything. But I'm asking you to give this pebble skipper a chance. To show you a more mature side. Just as I have done with you. We're perfect for each other because we have such potential to destroy each other as well. But now's not the time to self destruct and leave. You aren't dust. You're a beautiful crystal with cracks. As am I. Lets rebuild together. And though it will take time, I want to build up your trust again.

Be with me. Once more. We can smile and laugh at how we're even. Twice for a broken heart and twice for a broken truth. The third chance for the both of us. I fought hard to get here...I won't let you go so easily. Not over something like this. You have every right to scream and yell and hit me if need be. But it is not something that should kill off our relationship. Will it make it difficult, yes. But that's a journey I'm willing to take WITH you this time.

You are my dearest.

No comments:

Post a Comment