Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hot damn.

Hey! It's been a while. A longgg while. Well, here I am. I'll update you as much as I can.

Well, I'm still in Maryland. I moved out of Karen and Robin's house in Dundalk and now live in Parkville. It's closer to work and in an amazing neighborhood. I'm still with Laura and we're going on 7 months now. This is also the best relationship I've ever been in. I wouldn't say the most intense, but I would say most meaningful. We communicate very well and when we don't, we try again. And we have fun together so that's great. There's ups as well as downs but so far so good. We'll see how it goes though.

My job is going well too. My manager has become like a big brother to me and helps me with whatever question or need I have. His wife is also trying to hire me for one of her virtual assistant jobs. The pay is great and I can work from wherever as long as I have a computer! What does that mean? That means Kelsey will be going to New York. Often.

As for being homesick, I wish I could say I was. I miss my niece and nephew immensely! When I went to visit, my niece ran across the house and right into my arms. Then on my last day there, she begged me to stay and even offered to give me my room back. She's the smartest 3 year old ever.

Seeing my family and friends was great too. Unfortunately, I did not like being there. I wanted to come home. My new home. My permanent home. I absolutely adore it up here. Even the bad moments turn into great ones. I love being in the middle of the east coast. DC is 45 mins away, NJ is 2 hours away, NY is 3 1/2 hours away, and philly is only an hour away. Laura and I have already gone to all 4 together. Our new thing is to see broadway shows. We just saw Phantom of the Opera and I had goosebumps the entire time.

There's still a lot of things I don't understand but the difference between then and now is that I seek answers. If one option doesn't work, I try another. And another. And another. I dont give up.

Things have worked out here. And I'm happy. I'm passionate.

I hope that you're all doing well! I doubt anyone reads this anymore but if you do, I hope you're days are full of moments that take your breath away. We all deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment