Monday, January 16, 2012

The truth.

I don't love you because I need you. I need you because I love you. I can live without you just fine. I'm an independent, intelligent, mature woman.

But I cannot breathe when you're constantly taking my breath away. I can't speak when, just by the thought of you, my mind gets distracted by such beautiful imagery. I cannot fathom living without you. You're a part of me. Regardless of whether you agree or not, I know I'm right.

Maybe not today.

Maybe not tomorrow.

But someday, the way I feel will be justified. I know this. Why? Because if I wasn't, I wouldn't stick around. Something would tell me to run. Just like it has about so many other things. Don't get me wrong. I'm not waiting for you anymore. Nor am I going to fight for you. That's not what I feel I should be doing. Being friends seems to be enough. Going with the flow and all that.

But it's hard because I'm not going to initiate every conversation. That's not how a friendship works. That's why some people walk away. And I can't guarantee I'll never walk away. I very well might. I'm just saying that for right now, at this moment, I'm not going anywhere. You say you don't have my heart, but you do. It's not a choice. It just happens. If it was a materialistic item, I'd ask for you to give it back. But I can't. Because its not. Life works in mysterious ways. Be a part of my mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment