Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Irrational Rationality

I'm over what's not. I'm over what I never had. I'm over what I'll never have. I'm over what I'll never change. I'm over that I'm not going to try and change what cannot be changed. I'm over fighting and trying for a chance that was given. I'm over thinking what I feel means something.

I'm over all of it. Because I'm over being stuck to a past memory, a past moment, a past person.

That person no longer exists. And that's okay. I'm better now. If said person were to ever come back around and take off the mask or cloak it is they're wearing, I would be more than glad to say hello. But other than that, I will not let the hand I once held hold me down.

I've picked myself back up. I love my life and the people who are in it.

I'm much better than I ever thought I would be. But I finally am. So thank you for giving me back my independence. For letting me become who I was before you threw me into the darkest corners. Thank you for leaving my life. No letter nor song could fully explain the appreciation. Though it's sad that you left scars that will never be forgotten. Ones much deeper than those on my skin. Wounds that only people closest to my heart have left. Unfortunately, you became a part of that list. But I hold no grudge against it. If anything, I appreciate the reminder of what to not get myself into again.

I can finally, and sincerely, say that I don't need you. I never did. It was just nice to have someone there when I didn't want to be alone at said moments. Thank you for being there but thank you so much more for not being here at all.

I write this entirely without an ounce of anger or resentment so please don't take it as such.

Good luck in life.

Yours truly but no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment