Thursday, September 29, 2011

a little nothing

Tell me you'll leave tonight
Go on, get up, get out of my sight
Wait, no, nevermind. Stop and stare.
Pull me by my collar, tug on my hair.

Do you find it easy to say
That everythings alright, that you're okay?
I can hear the voices inside your head
Screaming out words that are left unsaid

Do you complain to the night sky?
Do you ever stop and try?
Maybe tonight you will
Maybe tonight you'll break and spill

Open the latch, twist the key
When you look back, you won't see me.
I'll be your shoulder or your voice
But I will not be the shadow you make by choice.

When things go wrong, they end up right.
I've had my eyes closed but I didn't lose sight.
So here I am, letting go.
I'll be around if you decide to show.

Funny, funny, oh funny days.
How an open heart can change your ways.
Nothing new, nothing old.
Held by glue, covered in mold.


No comments:

Post a Comment