Friday, September 23, 2011

Realism

The reality of it all is:

1. You've broken my heart more times than I've broken bones.

2. You hide how you feel while I let people see the pain.

3. I could've loved you forever but you're emotionally unstable.

4. You're so good at manipulating, you manipulate yourself.

5. I lock my door at night to keep the zombies away. I now also lock my heart to keep you away.

6. You're not who you once were. You were such a sight for sore eyes and now you just make my eyes sore.

7. Once you did start to change, everyone saw it.

8. You're heart used to be open and full. Now, it's covered in dried concrete and empty. A shell.

9. I became a different person. Some parts good, some parts bad. But I still always had the same opinions and thoughts about people. You, on the other hand, when from being sunny and bright to hurricane season!

10. You still think you're you. When really, you're not. People still love you, yes. I still love you, yes. You're a best friend who I don't consider a friend. A friend I've lost. A friend who's lost herself. But you'll never admit that.

11. I have a right to write this. I have every single right to be angry and upset and hurt and emotional and bitter. Because I'm human. And I admit that. But you're like a robot now. Never shedding a tear or an emotion. Opening up to no one unless it consists of bitching or complaining.

So, where are you? I'm on the side where the grass is greener while you're climbing a dead tree. I can't wait to show you the daisies. If that day ever comes, that is. But you'll have to learn to tie your shoes again, or ride a bike, or whatever other metaphor I can come up with until you finally reach this side of the field. Till then my love, my friend, my nothing anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment