Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Snap.

You say you won't come back this time. And I actually believe you. But I can't help but hope you're wrong. That you'll wake up and there will be some shooting fruition that goes from your ankles to your eyes. That will make your whole body tingle with faith, and want, and some sort of need. For me. For us. For all that we worked so hard for.

I tried. Everyday, I tried. And I never stopped loving. I doubted. And I hurt. And I cried and screamed and shoved myself into silence...but I tried. And though I'm tired...a part of me still wants to try.

..but how can I try for someone who isn't there anymore? I'm willing to try to see the girl I fell in love with. To the girl I know is still around. Somewhere inside who isn't willing to show herself right now. Not at this second.

That's who I want. And that's the pull towards you that I still feel...but I'm cutting that thread. That pull. If you ever want me again, like you have so many times before, you know where I'll be and how to reach me. You'll find a way. But I won't wait for that day. I'll live. And see where it takes me...

No comments:

Post a Comment