Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Your eyes are strangely familiar.

Carry me on these open wings.
Fly amongst my voice that sings.
And if tonight should end,
We both can unwind and bend.

Be the sugar on the tip of my tongue.
Be the broken song I once sung.
Follow the light within my hands.
Hold me as we dance.

Swallow the fear that's racking your brain.
Fight that everlasting strain.
Let me keep you safe for the rest of these days.
The lights may be foggy but I'll clear that haze.

I love you now until the day I die.
Oh, and I could tell you about the tears that I've cried.
But I'm stronger now. In more ways than one.
I'll be your hero. I'll be your sun.

Because when I look at you, I see the stars shine.
I overlook the loss that once became mine.
But maybe that loss is now my gain.
Damn baby, you make me sane.

I could tell you over and over again.
About the love that I carry deep within.
Hold my hips as I sway.
Allow me to carry you far, far away.



It's simple really. With a bit of complexity. But I promise the best. I can't guarantee the worst. But I can tell you that you carry my heart. Always...

No comments:

Post a Comment