Thursday, June 30, 2011

Neutralize the capsize.

These pages are turning much too quickly. The written word is unable to be read with your waves of wonder. I know what it is to feel alone. To feel left out. To feel like you're unwelcome. But you have to realize these notions are all in your head. There's nothing keeping you away but yourself. You refuse to open this book of opportunities. And it's saddening. The path you're treading on has soaked into your lower limbs. Making it unbearable to walk. I can't help but see the world crumble in your eyes as you fall away from me.

My dear friend, can't you see there's more to this dark picture? Can't you open up and look at the way it was painted? I know it's not how you wanted things to turn out. You wanted someone on your side. Anyone. But life isn't made up of sides. It's a collage of moments and mixtures. Mixtures of people, of voices, of sounds, of tastes. But you've stopped stirring. You've walked away from this pot to leave it burning atop a hot stove. And my, what a fire to the place you've set. But just because the building is burning doesn't mean you have to go along with it.

Your heart is such a wide vessel. A treasure, if I may. And it still beats strongly and deeply within you. But you've done such a good job building that wall of stone around it. A castle of cold winds and damp floors. That feeling in the pit of your stomach isn't from the people around you, but rather the thoughts in your head. You've been consumed by that demon inside. The true you is now considerably caged. Chains cross your arms and locks hide your smile.

I never left you. I could never leave you. But it's not you who's been shown lately. It's something much more than that. Or maybe it's something less. Because more would mean that you've blossomed. But you haven't. Your pedals have wilted and are scattered beneath your feet. Come back. I block away every tear that tries to stray. Every feeling of anger or depression that tries to drag me down, I pull myself right back up. Unfortunately, there's no escaping this chunk missing in my chest.

One more shot. That's all I can give. Because I've given it my all. But I won't live a life built around someone elses ultimatums and insecurities. I won't even build myself around my own. I'll defeat every battle with open palms and open arms. For you, for me, for my family, for Nikole, anyone important. But I refuse to be held back by anyone.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment