Monday, May 2, 2011

Goodbye

I tried. I know I had messed up before. One day I was one thing, the next day I was something else. But today, and tomorrow, and the next, I know who I am again. I know who I can be without you. And I will be.

But I tried to be me with you still in my life. To be your friend and you be mine. I didn't want to lose you completely. Because regardless of everything, you're a piece of me. You were even before I met you. And that's why I met you, and spoke to you. You always told me things happen for a reason. But you're the one walking away from the place we met. We met as friends. And I wanted to start there again. To go back to our safe place. Our happy place.

But you don't. You want me to have nothing to do with you.

Fine. I won't. Maybe I'll see you somewhere down the road. And maybe I won't. I just hope you realize that you're being childish as well. And you are running. From everything. It's too bad no one is willing to say anything to your face except me. Who just so happens to be the one person you won't talk to. But I'm sure at some point you'll think back and see something you could've done differently. Or maybe you won't. Maybe you'll continuously do the same shit over and over.

Goodbye beautiful disaster. I'll be around whenever you feel like you're not "tired" anymore. Though, life is always tiring. So good luck with that mission. See ya on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment